Oh, I wish I lived in the land of cotton...oh, wait. I do.

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Boring. But Pictures!

I haven't posted lately, not because of anything going on like was happening here, but genuinely because nothing much has been going on. So, either this will be about the shortest blog post ever, or I'll come up with something to natter on about.

Oh, I know! I've started feeling Segunda move regularly! She's such a wiggle worm, I'm not surprised. I don't feel her all the time yet, but definitely at least a couple times per day. I'm also really starting to look pregnant (as opposed to just fat, ugh). I'm only able to wear my "fat" clothes, and even they are getting uncomfortable. I imagine I'll move into maternity clothes next week. I think I've "popped" over this weekend, which coincides with a growth spurt of Segunda's, according to Babycenter. It's interesting- I apparently just don't show as quickly as some women. I wasn't into maternity clothes until about 20 weeks with Caetlin, and I'm 16.5 weeks with Segunda and still wearing my usual clothes, albeit not the ones I wear at my slimmest. One of my girlfriends (who is going to give birth any day now) had to switch to maternity clothes at 11 weeks, and it is her first baby. I must just be built differently.

Bleh. I'm boring myself. Maybe I'll just post some pictures instead.

Here are Caetlin and Bruce at the northernmost point in the United States, Point Barrow, just north of the main settlement in Barrow, Alaska. That's the Arctic Ocean in front of them.



Caetlin plays in a whale skull.



And picks flowers at Creamer's Field Migratory Waterfowl Refuge in Fairbanks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Boring" and pictures of Caetlin do not belong in the same blog post. I expect a correction to be forthcoming.