Oh, I wish I lived in the land of cotton...oh, wait. I do.

Saturday, August 16, 2008

A Few Things Here and There

A few notes while I am waiting for my awful nausea to pass this morning so I can continue my day. My father in law made breakfast this morning, which I'm sure was tasty as it normally is, but the smell of it is killing me. I'm chilling in my room with a glass of water and hope, while the rest of the fam has gone to the park (three guesses who made that decision).

So yes, I suppose the good news here is that I have recovered enough to smell things. Not exactly subtle things, but I can smell the sausage and pancakes and eggs and whatever else got cooked this morning (I'm sure the hungry among you are salivating over that list. The nauseated among you [me] are trying very hard to forget I wrote that list). I'm at the point where I cough a lot from post-nasal drip and can't hear anything, but I'm basically okay. Just in time for the busy weekend and for El Segundo to make his or her presence known again.

Anyway, enough about my icky stomach, which writing about is not making feel any better.

How about that 100M butterfly?? .01 of a second translates to about 3/4 of an inch. Wow! My husband tells me that the Chinese media is calling Phelps the American man-fish. I wish I had a link to that but I can't find one in approximately 10 seconds of googling. It may be apocryphal. But I love it anyway. It seems so fitting, somehow.

Caetlin turns the big 2 tomorrow, as I may have mentioned. Wish me luck that my husband's planned burgers and hot dogs on the grill go as he hopes (I've been a pretty firm holdout for pizza for everyone, so I've left it all up to him).

Caetlin pooped in the tub last night for the first time ever. Sorry if that grosses some of you out. It's not as gross to me as the smell of breakfast is right now, unfortunately. I will say that cleaning it was more difficult than I thought. Let's just say that it, um, didn't hold together well as I tried to get it out of the tub. That's all I'm going to say about that.

Finally, this blog turns 1 today! Happy anniversary to me! It's become quite a bit more Caetlin-focused than I would have expected, but isn't that always the way? The kids end up the center, no matter what. Even Segundo is making that happen, in utero. Here's to another year of pictures and anecdotes (she's going to loooove the one I just told about her when she grows up) and staying in touch with everyone we love.

No comments: