Oh, I wish I lived in the land of cotton...oh, wait. I do.

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Happy Birthday, La Segunda!

It is my awed and overjoyed pleasure to announce the birth of one Phoebe Elizabeth, formerly known as La Segunda, this evening, March 6, at 7:10 p.m. She weighs 7 pounds, 13 ounces, is approximately 20.5 inches long, has a ton of dark hair and is already a champion nurser. I will post pics as soon as I can.

Yes, it is late. No, I can't sleep. I blame an under-air conditioned room, hormones, an uncomfortable sinus stuffiness, etc. The baby will be here to eat in another 10 minutes anyway, so I figured I would take the opportunity to make the announcement here, even though I don't have pics downloaded yet.

Anyway, I hereby retire the "La Segunda" tags, and use a new one for the very first time: "Phoebe." Sorry for my ramblings but I thought you might like to know that she's here and we're both fine. Pictures and a comprehensive birth story will follow later.

Happy birthday, Miss Phoebe!

No comments: