Oh, I wish I lived in the land of cotton...oh, wait. I do.

Monday, March 2, 2009

Still...Pregnant

I have very little to add to the title except a couple of late pregnancy/bed rest observations:

1. I was all (kind of, anyway) excited about passing "all or part of my mucous plug upon my arrival at the hospital" yesterday. Progress! Stuff happening! Even though I know it has no bearing on when labor will actually start! Yeah, that excitement has worn off now, as it has become evident that what passed yesterday afternoon was only part of the plug, and as for the remainder...ew. I know, I know, even saying that much is kind of gross and too much information, but please bear with the lonely bedridden lady slowly going crazy from lack of human contact. And now suffering from the indignities of the mucous plug on top of it. Ew. Just...ew. That can really stop any time.

2. The Ambien made me a new person this morning. I won't say it was the best sleep I've ever gotten; it's not like the drug can also expand my bladder to three times its capacity just so I don't have to get up in the middle of the night. But it was deep sleep, for hours (plural!) at a time. It actually took two pills, one at 9 and one at midnight, to really put me down for the count. That's how ridiculously tired I was, how ingrained the insomnia cycle. I am probably going to head there again tonight, just to really try to be well tomorrow. I've been sleeping a good bit today as well. I will say the Ambien was a pleasant surprise for me- I could get up and move around and take care of my needs while on it, when I had been expecting to be completely knocked out.

3. As much as I contract when I move around, I wonder if bed rest is actually prolonging the pregnancy.

4. Bed rest is making me feel like a slug. Like I am becoming one with my bed, and not in a good way. Like I will at some point become an object of curiosity and ridicule: "Look, mommy! Why does that lady need that man's help to turn over? She hasn't left her bed in 10 years? And she's 15 years pregnant? WOW. Look at the BIG lady."

That is all from the House of the Hugely Pregnant. Back to the doctor first thing tomorrow morning.

No comments: