Oh, I wish I lived in the land of cotton...oh, wait. I do.

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Happy Birthday!

So, my baby is actually a whole year old! Friday was her actual birthday, and to add to the drama, she took her first steps! I think her body can walk, but her brain isn't convinced. At one point, she was so focused on getting herself over to something that had attracted her attention that she just forgot that she couldn't walk and...did. Tottered four or five steps over to the coffee table. Hasn't done it since, but it will be soon.

Today was her celebration. We had a cookout at my sister's house; my dad and stepmom came down; my nephew came up from where he is in his last semester of college. Caetlin had a chocolate cake with buttercream frosting; it was quite tasty, I have to say. She wasn't terribly thrilled with the whole thing. She was tired and overstimulated, and she really didn't like the way the frosting and cake stuck to her hands. I think she might have liked it better if we had fed it to her with a spoon. But we sang happy birthday, and she got a few new clothes and a few new toys, and a good time was had by all.

Happy Birthday, baby! Mommy and Daddy love you so much!

Pictures to follow shortly, probably tomorrow.



UPDATE: Got one of the good ones:


More later as I manuever pictures and computers.

1 comment:

redtop41 said...

She is so darn cute, she is looking like ummmmmmm what is this shit on my hands.....=)