Oh, I wish I lived in the land of cotton...oh, wait. I do.

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Noticed While Waiting for the Shower to Heat Up This Afternoon

(Yes, I did write "this afternoon" in relationship to my shower today. When you have nowhere to go and no one around to talk to or who really cares how you smell, motivation does tend to go out the window. Don't judge. I showered eventually.)

I saw my first stretch marks of this pregnancy. I'm kind of surprised by them, since I didn't see any with Caetlin until 7 months or so. These happened to catch the light when I was standing in profile to the mirror. I can't see them head on. They are small, located above my flattening belly button (as it gets shallower, Caetlin still pokes it but it hurts quite a bit, since she's poking the relatively more exposed bottom with the same vigor). They are invisible from the front, but a delicate lavender color from the side.

After I saw those new ones, I looked the rest of my belly over. I saw the faint white lines from Caetlin but no other new purple ones yet.

These might dismay some people, but not me, though I do remember going to some lengths to try to ward off stretch marks with Caetlin- maybe that's why I've got them sooner this time. (It makes me laugh to think of having that kind of time, now.) I've never had the flattest tummy and I stopped wearing bikinis maybe 6 or 7 years ago. Maybe even longer ago than that. It's no hardship for me to have stretch marks. They remind me of Segunda (as if I could ever forget her!) and what is (hopefully) to come over the next months.

No comments: