Oh, I wish I lived in the land of cotton...oh, wait. I do.

Saturday, December 20, 2008

AWKwaaard

So, the laid-off among us went to work yesterday as normal, because they still actually have work to do, and was on the phone discussing said work with the partner who had unofficially spilled the beans about the impending axe, when the partner made some idle chit chat and asked how the laid-off one was doing.

"Oh, I'm okay, I guess. Have to go home and fire a nanny."

"Why, is she doing a bad job?"

*facepalm*

"No, it's because soon I will be unable to afford her."

*Crickets chirping*

Some people are so clueless. And if you can't laugh at a time like this, you have to cry. So I laugh at you, Clueless Partner. Ha ha ha.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I'm so sorry, and we obviously know you feel. Give me a call if you want to vent.

Devon said...

Hi Tricia,

I'm sorry to hear about all of this. I'm here for you any time. (But I'm also laughing at the clueless partner.)