Oh, I wish I lived in the land of cotton...oh, wait. I do.

Thursday, December 27, 2007

New Words

We are having a language explosion around here, folks, and while some of these words might not stick, a few of them seem to have staying power.

"Oh, no!" This is especially comical when she says it after having fallen down.
"Stop it!" Her nanny says this to her, and while she is right now just repeating it, hearing it in her little baby voice is hysterical.
"Table" which she looks at from her high chair at meal times.
"Bees" which she called dog at first when she saw them on TV.
She makes some noise that clearly means cat to her, though it doesn't sound enough like cat for me to call it that.
She also tries to sing the "up above" part of "up above the world so high, like a diamond in the sky..." I think you know the rest.
"Elmo." At anything fuzzy and red. Apparently I am fuzzy and red, because I am Elmo sometimes.
"Shoe." This one will stick- the girl knows her shoes. Mommy is so proud!
"Book." Pronounced "boo" but usually said pointing at a book.

Also, this isn't language, but she's gotten very good at using a spoon to feed herself something that will stick to the spoon. Not so much with the scooping, but pretty good with the bringing of the spoon to the mouth with something on it. She picked that up pretty quickly, too.

We'll probably have pics from the vacation, so hopefully we'll have some new pictures soon. In the meantime, you'll have to content yourself with these from our last vacation, which I have been promising forever.



No comments: