Oh, I wish I lived in the land of cotton...oh, wait. I do.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Still Alive

So, the deal closed. Very successfully.

I'm still alive, and after a good night's sleep (though I still need more), feeling much more like something resembling human.

I didn't have to go to NY after all. The closing got pushed back one day to yesterday, and so everyone agreed that with the extra time, I could do my work just as easily here as I could there. And it all got done, albeit with little sleep on my part. While I always enjoy the city and adore my colleagues up there, I was so glad not to go this time. Sleeping in my own bed, even if I wasn't doing terribly much of that, was priceless.

Now I'm onto the business of closing the deals that are closing tomorrow, and working myself back into the rest of my life, meaning cleaning the house, getting to know my daughter again, buying Christmas presents, all the sundry things that just got put on hold because there was no time to do them.

Anyway, that's where I am. I was on the call that funded the deal yesterday, and I sent the email to allow my client's money go where it should, and I was buzzed for a good couple hours afterward. And then I left early to get some shopping done, and I hardly looked at my Blackberry all evening, and then I felt free.

No comments: