Oh, I wish I lived in the land of cotton...oh, wait. I do.

Monday, December 10, 2007

Smooshed

So, see the time stamp on this post? Yeah, I'm juuuust getting home from work. At 3:30 on Monday morning. And I didn't get even half of what I needed to get done, done.

So, tomorrow (which starts in, oh, 4 hours) will be a busy day. And Tuesday will be busy too. Wednesday- still busy. See where I'm going with this? My kid is going to be heading off to college when I finally get to see her again for more than 20 minutes.

A very small part of this is my fault. I shouldn't have gone out of town this weekend. But in one huge sense it was worth it- it will probably be the last time I get any significant time to play until Christmas, possibly later. So I feel no guilt (okay, a little, I am Catholic after all).

So, the docs are out. No doubt my clients are sleeping warm in their beds and will awake refreshed and ready to turn them back far sooner than I want them to. I have my trusty to-do list all teed up in the middle of my excessively messy desk, ready to face the morning (shudder). Tomorrow is a long day, and while the sleep I will get would have been inadequate no matter what, I must make the most of it.

And so, to bed. Posting to resume (with photos!) as soon as I can manage to get 7 good hours of sleep. In a row.

Hey, a girl can dream, right?

No comments: