Oh, I wish I lived in the land of cotton...oh, wait. I do.

Friday, March 21, 2008

My Knees Hurt

I had this whole post written yesterday, about how I had taken a walk to a law firm up the street, and how it had turned into this big ordeal, but what it turns out I really wanted to write about was the fact that I fell down and skinned my knees. It hurt, and continues to hurt today.

Here's the relevant part:

I rolled my ankle in my heels, and I pitched onto the concrete. I ruined my shoes, scraping the leather off the entire toe of one of them, and skinned my knees horribly, though thankfully my pants were not torn. Skinning one's knees is just such a grade school thing to do, and I thought of my daughter and how she cries immediately and forcefully when she skins a knee or her hands or bumps her head. I had new sympathy for her right then- we forget how much skinning one's knee really stings, besides being a really kid-like injury.

My knees hurt and my shoes are in the trash, and that's pretty much all there was noteworthy about that.

No comments: