Oh, I wish I lived in the land of cotton...oh, wait. I do.

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Best Wake Up Ever

I forgot to mention last night that Caetlin has started saying "Hi!" It comes from me- I get her almost every morning, and when I walk in, I give her a great big, "HI!" with a special swoopy intonation that somehow seems to fit her. Sometime in the last couple of weeks, she started saying it. With the exact same swoopy intonation. And she seems to know it's a greeting- she usually says it when she first sees someone, even if she says it multiple times. Always with a huge smile on her face, too.

It's totally the best to be greeted in the morning with "Hi!" right back at me. At the same time, it's a little freaky to hear it coming out of her mouth the exact same way I say it. I think of the things I do and say that sound just like my parents, and I think: it's beginning to be that way for her.

Good gracious, I hope I can mold her into a good and likeable person! I think giving her a big friendly "Hi!" to say might be a good way to start.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

sorry, i messed up the URL on the last comment.

Check out the look-alike meter
http://www.myheritage.com/FP/Company/look-alike-meter.php