Oh, I wish I lived in the land of cotton...oh, wait. I do.

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Weekend Roundup

So, I haven't posted at all this week, because seriously, nothing happened. Nothing. At least, nothing interesting enough to write about.

The weekend hasn't been terribly exciting either, though certainly more interesting than the week. Yesterday I went here and had the Four Seasons Signature Treatment, which was absolutely fabulous (it was a birthday present to myself). Then I went and had my hair cut, and went shopping for Caetlin. Children's Place is having a great sale, and since Bruce and I are working on saving money and being more frugal, sales are what it is all about around here. I stocked up her fall wardrobe relatively cheaply.

Bruce and I went out to the movies last night; more on that later. Caetlin is sick again (or possibly has a bad ragweed allergy, since the ragweed is awful right now; I'm hoping for cold instead of allergy), and she was kind of cranky, so it was nice to leave her with the babysitter. She's been much happier today, though.

My beloved Georgia Bulldogs rolled over the Alabama Crimson Tide last night, and I watched it when I got home from the movies, at least as much of it as my TiVo deigned to record. Stupid TiVo! I ended up not getting most of the 4th quarter or the overtime. Still, we won! I was concerned about this game. My friend Beth was planning to be at the game- LUCKY! Anyway, I love how the linked article talked about slightly tarnishing the scary cult-like reputation Nick Saban has gotten in Alabama. He's a great coach, no doubt, but he's NOT the Second Coming of Bear Bryant, not yet, anyway. (Best quote: "With the stadium rocking, Georgia took the opening kickoff and served a 10-play, 70-yard cup of shut-up to the Tide faithful.")

Today, after a lazy morning, we all piled into the car for a trip to the Dekalb Farmer's Market. I was entranced, even though it was a madhouse. Given my quest to eat healthier and cook more, this was a great find, and may end up being cheaper than the grocery, especially for nicer produce. We had been told about it by several folks but had never been. We ate lunch in the restaurant, and Caetlin, who had already had lunch at that time, ate most of Daddy's mac and cheese, plus some of his chicken and some of his broccoli and steak fries. She had a hilariously full belly when we left.

She's down for a nap now (not asleep, though, nearly an hour after she has been put down), and maybe we'll go to the park when she wakes up, or maybe we'll just hang at the house. I have to work this evening. Then, back to work tomorrow. We are officially off business casual tomorrow, which sucks completely. The hope is that a permanent policy change is in the works.

Anyway, that's about it for the week. I told you nothing happened this week worth writing about!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the DeKalb farmer's market, and I LOVE the Georgia Bulldogs, and I am also jealous of Beth going to the game. (But happy for her, too!) The one good thing about being in Alaska is that I can watch most of my favorite games long before bedtime.

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great year, Tricia!