Oh, I wish I lived in the land of cotton...oh, wait. I do.

Saturday, September 8, 2007

Not to Be a Downer, But...

My husband told me about this story this morning, and it has haunted me all day. He didn't find the WaPo article, which sanitizes the story somewhat, and the other details included in other places just won't leave me. As a parent, especially of a little girl, I just...can't fathom how anyone could do such a thing. Period. And then for other people to enjoy seeing it...sickens me. And makes me so afraid for my baby girl. I have to stop myself picturing those poor children, or it makes me cry. And really, I don't need anything to make my sinuses more inflamed right now. (I kid, but it is really me trying to rinse the horror taste out of my mouth, so to speak. Whistling in the dark.)

Did we make a mistake bringing such a shining light as our daughter in the world? If there are people out there who could do this?

These are things that keep me up at night. I mean, I almost didn't post this, this being a happy-go-lucky family blog type thing, but I couldn't not write about it, it was troubling me so much. It's made me feel better to write about it, and I'm sorry if it disturbs some of you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This isn't quite the same thing, but I am always disturbed hearing about teacher-student sexual relationships. I look at my students and I think "why?" They are kids, and even the most mature among them is still so obviously a kid. I really don't understand.

Patricia said...

Yeah, I wonder about that myself. They are just kids, and I have no idea how any normal adult over the age of like, 22, could be with them.