Oh, I wish I lived in the land of cotton...oh, wait. I do.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

I Am So Glad They Caught That Poopyhead

Forgive the G-rated names I'm tossing around here. I'm making a concerted effort to rein in my potty mouth. Now that we have a daughter who pretty clearly is listening, if not always able to imitate yet, I think I'd rather not have swear words be in the first 10 words she learns. I still have to work on Bruce, who doesn't realize he says these things so casually.

Anyway, I am SO glad they caught this guy. This story horrified me in so many ways (I am a little ashamed to realize that I probably wouldn't have been as horrified if I didn't have children). I think the worst part of it to me is that the poor baby's mom didn't know, that it apparently happened while the mom was at work and trusting her roommate to watch her daughter. Stiles was the roommate's boyfriend at the time.

(Okay, I'm going to step back a minute here to ask a question...what is WRONG with the roommate?? Both for letting this happen, and for STAYING with a man who clearly likes little girls, and not in the "she's only 15, but she's all woman to me" kind of way, he likes really little girls. What is WRONG with her??)

Anyway, my heart breaks for that child and her mother, and I rejoiced with a terrible feeling of vengeance when I heard they caught him. He deserves whatever he gets, and if he is prison with the general population, I hope they don't kill him. Only make his life as bad as that little girl's was.

No comments: