Oh, I wish I lived in the land of cotton...oh, wait. I do.

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Weekend Roundup

We had a VERY busy weekend, which is why no posts. Let's see...we spent what seemed like half the day on Saturday either grocery shopping or trying to get Caetlin to sleep. She woke up really early and was consequently cranky and tired, and also, unwilling to nap. After the monster trip to Kroger, while Bruce took charge of the napping, I did some shopping at Target and Macy's. Then lunch, playground, and for me, a visit the optometrist- waaayyy overdue. We had company in the afternoon for a short visit, and the babysitter came at 5:30, for us to escape for movie and dinner.

We saw The Kingdom, which I had been looking forward to, and went to a bar for dinner and to watch the Florida-Auburn game. We left when Florida tied it up in the 4th quarter, since I figured it was over- Florida was going to overcome. Boy did that turn out to be a poor decision! We also did more grocery shopping for things we forgot while shopping that morning. Romance, thy name is Kroger on a Saturday night.

We stayed out too late, and Sunday we were up early for church. A co-worker-beginning-to-be-friend recommended the church they attend, specifically the 9 am Mass that has lots of kids. We sat in the back so we could make a quick exit if necessary, but even if it had been necessary (it wasn't- I was so proud of how good she was!), it wouldn't have mattered because there were so many kids there. Including some loud and disruptive kids. So it was great, and I liked the place very much. We intend to begin going regularly.

We drove around after church, since Caetlin was droopy and it was such a pretty day. She napped for an hour, and then it was home, where she ate lunch for 45 minuted or so, astounding her father and making him worry that he hasn't been feeding her enough. (I've teased him unmercifully about this.) She just kept eating, and eating, and eating. A plate of chicken and tomatoes and grapes. A full cup or so of cottage cheese. A serving of mashed potatoes. A yogurt. A bowl of oatmeal. She finally lost steam on that last about halfway through, and when we pulled her from the high chair, her little belly was all pooched out and huge. She then proceeded to burp in my face.

Then it was off to the North Georgia State Fair, where I ate a corn dog and fries and funnel cake, and reveled in the greasy nostalgia of it all. (I regretted the grease later.) Caetlin took the fair in, not really exactly happy or excited by it, but taking it all in. She seemed to find the animals interesting. Myself, I found the people interesting. It was all very familiar to me from when I was a kid- the fair was the highlight of the fall. The rides, the food, the carnies, the games- it was neat to go see it and remember it from so long ago. It's probably been 15 years since I've been to a fair.

Then home, for a nap (which she didn't take), playground for a few minutes, dinner, bath and bedtime. She slept well that night, which was good. Bruce cooked while I did dishes, and laundry, and finally, finally, we collapsed in front of the TV.

There will be more thoughtful posts soon; I had the aforementioned busy weekend, and yesterday was a busy day, but I hope to be able to post a review of The Kingdom, some thoughts about Babble and parenting, some life changes, or really attitude adjustments that Bruce and I are making, and a new photo policy here, sometime this week and maybe this evening.

No comments: