Oh, I wish I lived in the land of cotton...oh, wait. I do.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Random Observations from the Big Apple

So, I'm here on location in NYC. I've been here since early yesterday morning, and I'll be leaving tomorrow afternoon. I love the city, but I am so ready to be home to my baby and husband.

So, after a couple of hours of TV and a half a bottle of wine for which I overpaid through the nose by ordering it through room service, I am capable only of random observations at this point.

Random Observation #1: Women's Murder Club might be the worst title for a TV show ever.

Random Observation #2: Dirty Sexy Money is ridiculously entertaining, emphasis on the ridiculous. It's more soapy than the hands of a toddler who's just been introduced to the joy of hand soap. I had it on because I wanted something silly- I was more right on the money than I ever could have imagined.

Random Observation #3: There is a seriously strange story on the local news that a woman was found dead in her apartment in the Bronx, while an apparent suicide on subway tracks was found with her name in his pocket. Bizarre.

Random Observation #4: I am maybe not the world's worst over-packer, but I am overly cautious. I tend to pack 11 pairs of underwear for an 8 day trip. I pack for every possible weather condition, and for every possible social situation (okay, not for semi-formal events, but pretty close). I try to make things do double duty to lighten the load, but I am usually prepared. Of course, the time that I decide to pack just what I need and no more (only because I was packing while I was tired, and didn't think to bring more) is the time that I am required to stay an extra day. I will be turning a pair of my underwear inside out tomorrow. I have also had to purchase a new shirt to go under my suit. It's out of the question to wear the other suit- it's terribly dirty and may smell less than fresh.

Random Observation #5: I can't wait for Elizabeth: The Golden Age. I am so stoked to see that movie. I think Bruce and I may get babysitting this weekend to go see it.

Random Observation #6: I miss my husband and daughter so much it hurts. I enjoy the city and I love my work, but I miss holding my baby girl, and I miss snuggling with my sweetie. I miss hearing and talking to and seeing them both, kissing them and feeling the touch of their hands.

And now, the half a bottle of wine is telling me to shut up and go to sleep.

No comments: