Oh, I wish I lived in the land of cotton...oh, wait. I do.

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Insomnia Sucks

Ladies and gentlemen, please note the time. Note that I have been awake for an hour and a half. Also note that I need to be up in 2.5 hours to do work. I am considering just doing my work now, except I will have to be asked 400 times why I was up at this hour.

I can't sleep. It sucks, and it's not like me. Normally I am the sleeping champ. Part of it is a ferocious headache that feels like one part sinuses, one part neck pain (maybe from bad pillows?), and one part stress. Advil has made it better but not gone entirely. You know what would make it better entirely? Sleep.

Also, I have a looong day ahead, as I have a late flight to LA tonight for my brother's wedding, and then a 45 mile drive to the hotel from LAX. Score.

How horrible no sleep is! I have never experienced being unable to sleep like this. I'm going to try again- wish me luck.

UPDATE: Surprisingly, went back to sleep right away. I wonder how long I spent watching TV and feeling awake when I could have gone back to sleep. Getting up was rough- I slept an extra hour but there are things I must get done before work this morning so that there are emails waiting for people when they get in. Thus, 6:10 and I'm awake again. Maybe I can sleep on the plane. Who am I kidding?? I never sleep on the plane.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

when i wake up and can't fall back asleep (like most saturdays at 5am for some reason) i like to relocate to the living room, where i fall asleep in 10 minutes. if i stay in my bed, i am up for much longer and i do more tossing and turning. also, my living room has better cable.