Oh, I wish I lived in the land of cotton...oh, wait. I do.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Saddest Character on Television

Tonight's is apparently the last episode of The Office, since the writers' strike hits the sitcoms the earliest. I have to say that Michael Scott is the saddest character on TV. He is constantly bagged on by the employees in Scranton, by the guys at Corporate, by Jan...and yeah, he deserves it some (most) of the time, but he has a good heart and truly cares about the company and about Jan.

That show has a whole "Tears of a Clown" thing happening that I find brilliant and pathetic and saddening on a weekly basis. The show is hilarious, but more than that, I find the sadness so much more affecting than on any drama.

1 comment:

RobotSoul said...

Wow. I always thought I was the only person who felt that way. I love the comedy of The Office, but I love the show's humanity even more.

By the way, I like your blog and I hope you are feeling better.

Jenny Wells (Lindsay)