Oh, I wish I lived in the land of cotton...oh, wait. I do.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Joining My Own Generation

Okay, so I finally joined Facebook. Apparently I had actually joined some time ago without really realizing it, in response to a friend request a long time ago. But I'm now ready to actually be a part of it.

I know, I know, I'm seriously the last person under 40 who is not already on it. And for a long time I've talked about how I really just wanted to avoid the time suck of it all. Bruce joined not too long ago, though, and every few days he's all, "Sweetie, you have to do this!" Making me feel like the world's oldest, fogiest young(ish) person to continue holding out.

So all of you who are on Facebook (which would be basically everyone who reads this, who is under 40), please bear with me as I find you and send friend requests. It strikes me a little like approaching the popular table in the middle school cafeteria and timidly asking to sit down, all hopeful that people will shove down and let me eat with them.

So shove down, okay? Okay??

Whew. Thanks!

(Or you guys can send me friend requests, if you happen to be on at any particular time and I haven't managed to find you yet.)

No comments: